August 18, 2010

The Ocean Blue

I leave for Chicago on Saturday!  I have completed my final shifts at Second Go-Round and Panera Bread, and I have said my bittersweet goodbyes to dear friends at church.  Remaining are three days of sweet freedom!  I plan to rest, pack, watch re-runs of "The Office," spend time with family, and...


Leaving for college has heightened my appreciation for these beautiful beaches!  My family is blessed to live only fifteen minutes away from the ocean.
 


Relaxing on the sand this afternoon, sipping a massive cherry limeade and listening to music, I felt at peace.  This summer, though mostly consumed with long shifts and sporadic wedding planning, has truly been a wonderful season.  Josh and I created some fun memories before he left in July, and I also enjoyed some get-togethers with high school friends!  It has also been a blessing to live at home for three months.  I will miss my family when I return to the Windy City.

1 comment:

Thank you!