April 30, 2012

It's home


Good morning, friends.  Did any of you want to stay in bed when the alarm went off?  You better believe it.  Josh and I hardly ever get up at the first alarm.  We wake up just enough to silence the vibrating cell phones and we hold each other for awhile.  Marriage is nice.


I haven't done much to decorate our bedroom yet.  There's something about the simplicity that I like, that I haven't wanted to change, despite having had 10 months of marriage to do so.  The linens are white and clean.  The space is unpretentious.  The empty, white walls allow the morning light to soften the room all the better.

One of these days I'll spruce it up, probably after obsessively perusing Pinterest for inspiration.  But for now, I like it the way it is.  It's home.

6 comments:

  1. we have that lamp too! ikea? :) have a wonderful week, faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't marriage sweet like that? We do the same thing...the phone rings softly and we know we have to get up soon,...but not before a few more minutes of snuggling. Its my favorite time of the day. and I love your simple bedroom, sometimes the most beautiful things are the most simple. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite part of the day, too! :) Thanks, Katie.

      Delete
  3. Hehe. We have about a million alarms go off before we get up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Josh has forced me to be a little better, but I was definitely like that during college. I'm sure my roommates wanted to kill me.

      Delete

Thank you!