August 2, 2012

California, v.1


We are back, we are tired, we are content. Our nine-day adventure in California was truly beautiful.



These particular photos were taken on Mt. Tamalpais, or "Mt. Tam." Our cousins drove us safely along the steep road, through the fog and around the deadly turns. I had never been to the West Coast, so in my mind... those golden hills were the most stunning scenery I'd ever seen.


So, what did we do for nine days? We flew in to Los Angeles and drove the 5 through the desert to stay with family in Novato. Together, we explored San Francisco, Sausolito, Fairfax, Mill Valley, Berkeley, and other towns sprawling across the coast. After a few days, Josh and I left and drove the 1 down to Santa Barbara to stay at a charming inn, finally journeying back to Los Angeles for our return flight to Chicago.


To all you lovelies from California... now I know why you love your state. :) More photos to come.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! what an amazing trip! I looked through all your pictures on facebook and they are truly amazing!! I must get out to the west coast at some point in my life! I've heard the water and beaches are much different than ours here? Glad you guys had a wonderful and safe trip!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! It was so challenging to whittle down our photos to a bearable Facebook album. :)

      Delete
  2. I looked at all the pictures on facebook too and even almost burned our dinner because of it. Ha! Such a beautiful land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks, ChloƩ. It is definitely a beautiful land.

      Delete
  3. Whoa! What a gorgeous photos! Ah, I'd love to go to Cali one day! I can't wait to see more from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! I definitely recommend it!

      Delete

Thank you!