December 18, 2012

Sugar cookie bakin'

Since we are not traveling home for the holidays this year, it is crucial that we have a stockpile of homemade Christmas cookies in our apartment! On Sunday afternoon, Josh and I embarked on our first-ever sugar cookie adventure.


It was my first time rolling out this dough (this trick worked beautifully), and we had fun cutting out the shapes!  



We used the recipe that my mom makes every year, the one that always turns out buttery-soft with a hint of almond. Even though I forgot to buy cream of tartar (whoops!), they still look and taste like the Christmas cookies I remember.


What is your favorite Christmas cookie?

2 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! Holiday baking is the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm partial to the good ol' fashioned Christmas sugar cookie. But my aunt also makes some really good butter cookies for Christmas Eve, that I look forward to every year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!