August 12, 2010

Southern Nostalgia

Well, during this quiet morning at home, thinking excitedly about my upcoming return to the Windy City, I was struck with a sense of appreciation for my childhood years in this house.  Settled comfortably on a quiet, Southern street, this little place has been a welcome solace from the day-to-day busyness and troubles of life.


The rooms of this old house are small and familiar, each caringly decorated by my mom with treasures acquired on therapeutic trips to consignment shops and thrift stores.  My extended stay in hideously bland dorm rooms has heightened my appreciation for the cuteness of this house!

 

Strangely, this is my last summer in this small town.  I will return next May, but only for a few weeks, caught up in last-minute wedding plans and the excitement of welcoming guests!  Soon I will create a new home with my wonderful fiance and soon-to-be husband, leaving behind this cottage for a new one.   The future is a new adventure, but in each new journey I cannot forget to cherish the little things left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!