October 10, 2010

Coffee Helps

Another week has come and gone.  Honestly, it all blurs into a state of emotional heaviness.  The classes, chapels, hectic shifts at Panera, walks up and down Chicago Avenue, and occasional naps... processing and grieving the death of a friend is a surreal experience.

A high point of my week was Thursday afternoon.  Josh and I escaped to the Borders on Michigan Avenue for some much-needed time together.

We snatched some travel guides and headed upstairs to the Seattle's Best coffee shop.  Josh ordered an Izze, but I was in desperate need of comfort food.  A caramel latte and a white chocolate, macadamia, toffee cookie (warmed) did the trick!


As I sipped my drink and watched the busyness of the world outside our window, I relished the rest.  Talking, laughing, and planning with Josh is an unspeakable blessing.  We are best friends in the best sense, and I am grateful for his presence in my life.




"When my world is shaking
"Heaven stands
"When my heart is breaking
"I never leave your hands"

This song by J.J. Heller has been a comfort during this trial.  Though plagued by confusion, sorrow, and fear, there is a Rock higher than I, a Savior who loves, a Lion who is victorious.

"We blossom and flourish as leaves on a tree, and wither and perish, but naught changeth Thee."

2 comments:

  1. this is a wonderful site Faith. I agree with you this has been a difficult week. Your coffee and desert looks a lot like communion to me. I am refreshed and renewed by your hopefulness, faith and devotion. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. God will provide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the new layout! you have an interesting writing style that i enjoy. great blog!
    kelli~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!