October 16, 2010

Autumn Finds


Fall has arrived!  Though Chicago taunted us with 80-degree weather last week, the temperature has finally dropped, and the trees are brilliantly colored with oranges, yellows, and reds.  Glorious.


The "theme" of this week was Missions Conference!  Moody Bible Institute annually hosts this event, a congregation of worldwide missionaries and agencies, a refocus upon evangelism and the global church.  Though classes were canceled, we students were required to attend twelve conference sessions (in addition to regularly scheduled work and ministry commitments).  The week seemed short-lived and very, very busy.

Josh and I broke away from this busyness on Thursday afternoon.  He had noticed a consignment shop near the Sheridan Red Line stop, and he determined to take me there.  (He knows me well!)


My favorite consignment store in North Carolina is called "Second Go-Round."  See the correlation?  This downtown shop was certainly an upscale boutique.  The average price range was $39-$99!  At home, we charge $7-$20 per clothing item, so I cringed at most of these price tags.  Josh insisted on buying something for me, but my indecisiveness combined with the pricing made this a difficult process!  After combing the racks (twice) with my patient fiance, we did not leave the shop empty-handed.


Thrifting is marvelous, and spending time with Josh is even more so.  This week, he and I had several formative discussions about our internships, our future, and even a specific organization with which we would like to serve.  What an exciting season this is!

2 comments:

Thank you!