January 21, 2011

For once, good Starbucks!

My friend Chloé recently recommended the caramel salted hot chocolate from Starbucks.  Now, I hate Starbucks, but this particular drink sounded too scrumptious to pass up.






I moseyed over to the closest [bad] coffee establishment for some quality homework time.  I read about the pitfalls of "deadly theatre" and the basics of photography, all the while listening to First Aid Kit and sipping my decadent drink.




I devoured the assigned chapters, for I know absolutely nothing about photography!  (All of my photos are taken with a 7.2 Mega pixel, Sony Cyber-shot.)  Tomorrow I am renting a digital SLR from my school.  I can hardly wait to get my hands on it!




To my photographer friends in the blogging world, do you have any advice for me as I fiddle with my first SLR?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect little day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What camera will you be renting? I recently purchased the Nikon D3100 and I am loving it. It is my first digital SLR and I have a lot to learn (understatement) but it takes exceptionally beautiful photographs. Good luck! I cannot wait to see some of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm I've been wanting to try that hot chocolate, it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should read the forums on dpreview.com and search lifehacker.com and gizmodo.com for tips. They're really helpful for learning about cameras!

    ReplyDelete
  5. salted caramel coffee!!!!????

    oh my goodness, that sounds incredible!

    your pictures look so nice, by the way. I really like the new camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That drink looks super tasty :)

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My advice is always read your manual! And the best way to learn is to just get out there and shoot! White balance is important and can change the entire look of your photo. Dont be afraid to try angles and to get down on the ground and up in the air above your subject. Try to think outside the box! You got this =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!