February 16, 2011

A [Late] Valentine's Post

This is a homemade cupcake procured by my roommate!  Doesn't it look delicious?  (It was.)

 
Below is the rose which my roommate received from her fiance.  I rented a Nikon D70 again this weekend, and I could not resist capturing the beauty of this flower before returning the camera to the school!


My Valentine's Day was spent in class.  Literally.  The first began at 7:30 in the morning, and the final class concluded at 8:30 in the evening.  Despite this routine busyness, Josh managed to surprise me by visiting campus!  He met me with a beautiful bouquet, Green & Black's chocolate bars, loose leaf chai tea, and Peet's coffee!  What a sweet gesture it was!

   
The holiday has come and gone, but I am left with a deeper appreciation for the man whom God has given to me.  Monday marked the fifth Valentine's Day which Josh and I have spent as a couple.  Odd.  Amazing.  I look forward to becoming his wife!

13 comments:

  1. Mmmm, that cupcake looks delish! That is neat that you can rent cameras from your school. I am going to check with mine and see if they do that!

    Happy late Vday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! And it only gets better from here girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cupcake looks delicious and the flowers are beautiful! It looks like a lovely valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! This was our 7th Valentine's Day together...makes me feel old, ha ;)

    Loving your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cupcake looks so yummy! Awwh what a sweet surprise, roses are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey! i love finding other chicago bloggers. i have tons of friends who go to Moody. nice to find your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would never thought that the cupcake is homemade... beau

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Valentine's Day gifts from your almost husband. TOO CUTE.

    I have missed some of your posts lately because you weren't showing up in my dashboard! weird.

    oh well, here I am now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yum! i need this! :] so so fun!
    -karly
    www.karpluswade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha! it seems that these valentine's day was all about cupcakes - I've also made them with my friends and they were delicious :D

    it looks like you had a wonderful valentine's day, I love the red rose. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh how happy and pretty are your flowers! I like them better than the roses. So colorful and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shot of the rose. The cupcake looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!