February 23, 2011

Love


In four months, I will be wed to this wonderful man.  Our affection is real and our dedication fierce, even withstanding five years of joy and trial, but these past few days have provided horrifying glimpses into our own selfishness.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.


Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I Corinthians 13

11 comments:

  1. whenever I find a great blog and then discover that the writer is a Believer and then discover that the writer is a believer who is on FIRE FOR GOD... It's like I've tasted REAL oxygen for the first time again, or something. hahaha. Blessed to be following your blog and this adventure you and your fiance are taking.


    Your pictures look amazing. I want desperately to learn how to photograph but it really just isn't something I have time to harness and craft.. I appreciate the way art is displayed in others tho. beautiful
    ♥cheche

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one of my favorite scriptures! may God bless you in your relationship and your marriage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, you would be correct!:) I graduated almost two years ago!!! I LOVED my moody years:) it was hard to leave the city. are you enjoying your time there?? thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking on that chapter today. good stuff. that is the kind of love I want and the kind I want to give.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so exciting. Marriage is an amazing journey of learning how to love and serve as Christ called us to do. Everyday I have the opportunity to die to myself by loving, serving & respecting my husband. It's been a wonderful challenge thus far. I'm so excited that you get to embark on this journey soon as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. always love that verse :)
    marriage is wonderful...it definitely has its lessons of learning to be self less but it is so, so worth it. enjoy these 4 months planning & getting ready for the big day!

    <3 arielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet. One of my favorite scriptures ever. It's so nice to see that you two are so strong in your faith. Marriage is such a beautiful thing and I'm so excited for you. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post! Marriage has taught me so much about Christ's perfect love for His imperfect people. Can't wait for you to experience that too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post!

    I'm so happy for you.. 4 months is so close!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are almost to that aisle, my friend. :) I can't find your email. Needing to contact you. Can you resend to me please? Thank ya! ~Shelly
    robertsfamof7@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy for you for getting married :) Love is the best thing in this world!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!