February 2, 2011

Snow-maggedon

This has been an eventful week!  First of all, it is Founder's Week at Moody Bible Institute.  Classes are canceled for a week-long conference, complete with alumni reunions, world-class speakers, professional musicians, and book sales.  Secondly, my parents are visiting Chicago!  They met at Moody, and they always enjoy returning to the Windy City, to where their love story began. We enjoyed dinner at the Grand Luxe last night.

 

Finally, Chicago has been positively pummeled by a blizzard.  Thunder, lightning, raging winds, and 20.2 inches of snow.  Crazy, eh?   My parents and I watched the early stages of the thundersnow from our restaurant window.  My poor camera could not fully capture the swirling snowflakes.  By the time we left, the weather had become unbearably treacherous, and we decided that taking a cab was worth it.



Don't expect to see any photos of the aftermath.  It's too darn cold to be taking pictures of the eight-foot snowdrifts!

13 comments:

  1. My aunt took a video of the snow blizzard they had the other day. Keep safe and keep warm sweetie! Oh and by the way, I super love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay warm! I love seeing your snow pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I don't blame you! I can barely take photos when we get a couple of inches here in South Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm assuming the snow isn't always fun to live in but these pictures make it seems so lovely! It looks just like a winter wonderland in the last to photos awwh I love it! Im glad you guys decided to take a cab better safe than sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness so much snow! but its beautiful! as is your whole blog!! woo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute blog! I absolutely love it. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow..and i thought we had a lot of snow down here! a lot of my family and some friends live near chicago and the pictures i keep seeing of the snow are crazy!

    blessings!

    (oh, and you should be getting a little package with the necklace soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard about the thunder snow, my parents reported having some of that in Grand Rapids, MI too!

    Crazy! Love your photos!!


    So glad to be back to the blog world!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful images, and a beautiful blog :)happy I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shot from the window of the Grand Luxe!! Love it.

    And your parents' love story is cute! I can't wait to have a "spot" where it all starts :)

    I really enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just stumbled upon your blog and have read a few of your posts so far and wanted to say I love, love your photos!! My favorite kind of photography is the photo journalistic kind...ya know, tells a story, reveals the character of daily experiences and life...and yours are captured quite nicely :))

    Jeanine
    contemplations–onlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!