April 4, 2011

Green (and I'm back!)

Blogger still refuses to upload my photos, but I eventually had success with Photobucket.  Here is the post which is long overdue!


As you may remember, I went home to North Carolina for eight days.  In the midst of the doctor's appointments, wedding planning, and church events, my family celebrated a birthday!  My sister, Grace, was born on St. Patrick's Day, and this year, she turned nineteen.


 Ain't she purdy?  Grace has always enjoyed wearing green accessories on her birthday, and each year, she never fails to request a mocha chocolate chip cheesecake.  Some things are too perfect to change.


Though my sister and I fought during the growing-up years, we have now become close friends.  We enjoy shopping, giggling, eating cookies, being silly, and watching nerdy TV shows.  And here's a fun fact: her bestest, best friend is the younger sister of Josh, my fiance!

I miss you, Grace!

11 comments:

  1. I love your blog. Just started following. It's truly inspirational...and I love your header. What a darling picture -- you are stunning!

    Stop by my blog too & follow if you fancy! How fun : ]

    Cheers!

    http://bridgetfossedal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! The long awaited post is here! I love your sister's socks, those are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how precious! me and my sister don't fight AS MUCH but she still doesn't show too much interest in me. I always enjoy hearing how relationships have turned around because I desperately want that sister-sister relationship with my sis. She is so beautiful as well. I also love that mochachocolatechipcheesecake you got going there in that picture!!! Where is it from?? mmmm

    ♥cheche

    also if you try uploading pictures that aren't JPG and in in PNG or another format I do not believe blogger supports them so make sure you save them as JPG if you wish to upload :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger is so weird sometimes!! That cake looks delish, it looks like a great birthday for your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! Happy belated birthday to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sister time is really the best time, you know. there's nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of a cake like that but it honestly looks so so good! Ah now I'm hungry. Again

    ReplyDelete
  8. my sister and i fought too. i remember one when we were little i threw a shoe at her! i felt terrible. luckily she has forgiven me. and we are totally best friends now that we are older!
    p.s. what fun socks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. That cake looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!