April 6, 2011

New Old Things


During my brief visit to NC, I spent an afternoon with my grandparents.  They have a fairly large storage shed in their backyard, stuffed with decor, furniture, and linens.  My grandparents graciously allowed me to rummage through the items, and I uncovered handful of treasures for my new home with Josh!


I loved this vintage apron!


This blanket is handmade!


After sorting through the shed, we sat in the living room and enjoyed my grandfather's homemade, blueberry currant pie, topped with sour cream.  It was an afternoon well-spent!

6 comments:

  1. So fun finding free treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh great tresures! I love that handmade blanket. There's a special place in my heart for crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, the apron and the blanket are really wonderful! and they look like they were bought yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brett and I just spent three weekends with each of our living sets of grandparents and found SO MANY TREASURES. I had to practice my self control because I wanted to clean out their homes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finding treasures is always fun. So happy to find a new blog to follow! Come by and say hello :)
    {tara} from Undeserving Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to FaithBlogs! I love all your treasures (and finding new blogs about young married (well, almost) people! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!