March 15, 2013

TGIF


This is a snapshot from the passenger's seat during our morning commute. Isn't the city grand? We won't be glimpsing this view tomorrow, though, because it's Friday!!! Time to stay home and sleep in. Josh and I spent our week unpacking more boxes, cleaning, and arranging furniture in our new home. We even managed to escape IKEA without spending all of our money. ;) We are hosting a little St. Paddy's celebration tomorrow (yay!) and I'm attempting Irish soda bread for the first time. Am I the only one who freaks out a little before trying a new bread recipe? It's such a gamble... but so cathartic and so very worth it.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Any plans?

6 comments:

  1. We are having Matt & carley over tomorrow - prob last hurrah before their baby comes! Hope the bread turns out well - sounds yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having a dinner party tomorrow as well! :)

    I always get a little panicky trying something new...especially if it's for other people! It usually turns out fine though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year I had a tea party on St. P Day. My giant pregnant self and a bunch of other ladies enjoyed it for sure! Green pistachio cupcakes were necessary. I'm going to try a new irish soda bread recipe too. The one I found looks easy but doesn't seem very authentic. But I agree, new recipes (especially bread) are tough! so kudos to you for trying & good luck with your party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my word. Pistachio cupcakes sound amazing!

      Delete
  4. Wow, what a view! And how lucky one is if one captures the little things :)! Happy weekend from Berlin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great picture! I want to visit sometime... I hear great things.

    ♥CheChe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!