April 26, 2013

Saturday evening


"I think I'll try that recipe after all," I told Josh. He was sitting at the computer, working on homework. It was past seven o'clock on a Saturday and I was being typically indecisive. "Okay, Faith, whatever you want to do." I pulled back my hair and headed to the kitchen to look over the instructions again. Avocado, lime, cilantro... "Heck yes," I thought, "this is happening." After a little while, the kitchen was quiet, the pork tenderloin was roasting in the oven, and I was contentedly slicing up an avocado at the counter. The cabinets began to glow red and redder, and I felt a pleasant warmth on my back.


I've mentioned the view from our dining room window before, but I'm still not over it. Every evening, a different set of colors, a different type of glow. It is a calming, faithful signal that the day is drawing to a close.


By the time we sat down to dinner, the reddish haze was gone. It was time to flip on the lights and drop the blinds. I compensated by lighting some candles. The meal was delicious, a nice combination of cool and spicy, and we agreed that I need to make it again.

(Click here for the recipe!  I would recommend omitting the salt from the spice rub. The pork turned out a little too salty for our taste.)

Have you tried any new recipes lately? Do share!

4 comments:

  1. Mmm. That is my kind of evening! That view is killer too. I don't think I'd get over it quickly either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your place - so bright and open! Sounds like a yummy recipe too. I have some recipes pinned to try so stay tuned on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe seems very good! I would love to try it soon. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that sounds so wonderful! I love relaxed and happy cooking times.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!