August 24, 2010

A Signature Birthday

Josh and I celebrated his birthday last night!  Usually, he plans our dates and leaves me in suspense.  It was my turn to surprise him!  With vague instructions to dress up and to arrive at 6pm, our evening began.  My roommates helped me get ready, and they even snapped some pictures for us!



Our first stop was McDonald's!  (One of our inside jokes about college poverty.)  It was still "nice;" we went to the Rock-N-Roll McDonald's on Clark.  Two stories!  



We enjoyed fruit trays and iced coffee before heading over to our final destination... the Signature Lounge!  This restaurant and bar is located on the 96th floor of the Hancock Building!



We had wonderful seats, right next to the corner windows!  We were able to watch the sunset over Chicago as we ate delicious desserts.



We ordered vanilla cheesecake with caramel sauce and chocolate mousse cake with berry sauce.  Amazing!  Once the sun set, I wandered the crowded restaurant to snap more photos of our incredible city.





We had an unforgettable time!

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome McDonald's! I'm jealous of that view you had while eating cheesecake (and that you had amazing sounding cheesecake!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. what?? fruit and walnuts?? mcdonalds is so much better in the states :/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!