August 29, 2010

A [Laundry] Room with a View

Saturday has arrived!  What a perfect opportunity to begin tackling my overwhelming amount of homework!  I am certainly not new to college, but "syllabus shock" still gets me every time.  To distract myself from endless pages of reading, I decided to check out the laundry room on the fourteenth floor of my apartment building.


 I know.  Not too exciting, right?  Well, check out the view!

 

I stared out the window for awhile, quietly soaking in the vastness of this city which I now call home.  These years are to be treasured.  The Lord has blessed me with the opportunity to spend my first years of adulthood in a world-class city, surrounded by dear friends, immersed in a dynamic Christian community.  My selfish complaints about long work hours, demanding classes, and inadequate sleep... they melt away when held to the magnificence of His plan.  It is an honor to serve Him here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!