January 3, 2011

A Non-Manic Monday

Most Mondays are dreaded days.  Blissful Saturday and restful Sunday are over, papers are due, and the bedside alarm blares too loudly and too early.  The coffee is too weak and my eyes are too puffy, and I sit in class as sociable as a bump on a log.  Ah, but today, today is a different sort of Monday.  The semester has not yet begun, and I, for the first time in seven days, do not have to trudge off to Panera for another busy shift.  Oh, what bliss!


 Yes, I am proudly using my roommates' leftover Styrofoam plates.  Why dirty a perfectly good dish?  Aside from my diligent creation of a new Grooveshark playlist (inspired by Kelly Ann's post), this morning has been perfectly lazy.


I packed up most of my Christmas gifts already, as most of them cannot (or should not, at least) be used until my wedding in June.  My sister bought me the adorable blue rug pictured above!  I hated to tuck it away, but it will soon find a home in different apartment.

Speaking of the wedding and such, I have a date with Josh tonight!  We received a gift card to the Cheesecake Factory, and we decided to redeem it on my long-awaited day off.  I will probably order a light dinner to save room for a very large, decadent slice of cheesecake.  Yay!

2 comments:

  1. that sandwich! oh man.. i need it in my life right now!! and woohoo for gift cards to the cheesecake factory! so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!