January 1, 2011

Hello, 2011

Happy New Year, everyone!  How did you celebrate New Year's Eve?  I worked a double shift at Panera yesterday, but still managed to relax with some dear friends.  We sipped sparkling cider, munched chocolate covered pretzels and cookies, and watched the brilliant movie Inception.  This morning I slept in until 11:00 am, a glorious treat.


 
(Trix cereal is no longer cute, fruity shapes.  Disappointing.) This week in Chicago has been mostly spent at Panera Bread (working, not eating), but the lack of homework has allowed the busyness to be strangely restful.  The gift of work and the gift of rest can be simultaneously given by my gracious God.



(I like to post my work schedule next to that cute magnet from Second Go-Round.)  Oh, in other news, I have also been reading for fun!  Have any of you read this classic?  I began reading this on my flight back to Chi-town, and I have not been able to put it down.  Beth hasn't died yet, but I'm sure I'll cry when she does!




Well, unlike my blogging friends, I have not prepared an elaborate, pictorial overview of 2010, but re-living this memory is always a joy:




Josh proposed on my birthday in 2010, and we will be wed this year, in 2011!  It is a happy new year, indeed.

2 comments:

  1. yay! I like your simple little pieces of the day. so nice just to enjoy the small things!

    [I didn't prepare a nice pictorial of the year either...oh well!]

    happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post! I've read Little Women a few times over and I'm always tempted to pick it up and give it another go round! It's such a heartwarming book. Love it!

    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. =)
    I just got married (November 2010) and moved from NYC to CA. . . Married life is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!