January 4, 2011

Cheesecake and Chicago

Josh and I had a marvelous date last night!  We see each other often (he always picks me up from work) but I usually look disheveled and reek of restaurant aromas.  Preparing for a "real" date was delightful.


Our first stop was dinner at the Grand Luxe Cafe.  We were seated next to a window facing Michigan Avenue!


We have visited this restaurant before, and I have always coveted the window seats.  We enjoyed people watching as we waited for our food.  I ordered lemon chicken over pasta (complete with mushrooms and artichoke hearts), and Josh ordered shrimp scampi.  Delicious!



We then made our way to Shops at the North Bridge.  We bypassed the boutiques and marched into the LEGO Store!


The Darth Vader statue was taller than me!


Next stop, the Cheesecake Factory!  This was my favorite part.  Josh ordered the brownie sundae cheesecake, and I dark chocolate raspberry.


Happy girl!

7 comments:

  1. you make me hungry hahaha. Congrats giirl! You must be so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how fun!
    I love getting ready for a real date! ha ha but I think for me a real date is like a movie because there's nothing fancy where I live ;)
    But you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith I just found your blog through Chloe and I love it! Oh my gosh you look beautiful and it sounds like your're doing great (engaged?!? ahh congrats that is so exciting!!)

    I look forward to reading more! :)

    p.s. one problem: I am beyond jealous that you live in Chicago... it is my absolute favorite city!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummm i love the cheesecake factory!! my favorite slice is the red velvet.. to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only been to Chicago once and I loved it. Wish I had known about the lego store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you two had a lovely time! I am a huge fan of the Cheesecake Factory and am salivating at the sight of your cheesecakes! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!