January 10, 2011

Walking to Work

One of my New Year's resolutions has been to take more photos.  More photos, less timidly, more often.  So, while marching to work yesterday, I decided to break my brisk pace to unabashedly point and shoot.


I cross Chicago and Michigan almost every day!  The street itself was rather dim, so I have no picture of the bustling shoppers.


These signs are all over the place.  My first impulse is to cover my head, duck, and run away screaming.  No, really... 


I try to look focused and confident when I hustle along the busy sidewalks.  But sometimes the pretty buildings distract me, and I end up looking like a tourist.  A badly dressed tourist, for that matter.


Thank you, Panera Bread, for funding my edu'ma'cation.  I will forever be a bread snob.

12 comments:

  1. falling ice?
    what the heck!
    that sounds frightening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps.

    the pictures are really pretty.
    keep up the good work!
    don't be afraid to look like a tourist, if this is what you get from the experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a GREAT resolution, and one of mine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your blog. It is on my life-travel list to visit Chicago one day (I'm from Dallas!). My husband is in seminary at Reform Theological Seminary and I love, love, love your blog header and your adorable engagement photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pictures Faith! i feel like a tourist sometimes too, but I stopped caring because when I see someone taking a picture of something, I don't think they're weird. They're just taking a picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm i do love a good bread bowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. falling ice sounds like something out of a nightmare! do people actually get hurt?

    by the way, i am hosting my first giveaway! please check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey! i just found your blog! love it.

    also, those falling ice signs freak me out too. eek!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that you work in a bakery and love that you live in chicago.....

    I have been there a few times, actually got engaged there at the j hancock building restaurant on the top.

    Now I will forever love that city!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is amazing.
    SO super purdy.
    :)

    Have a great night!
    xo.
    Rylie from www.rylierenee.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is a great idea...I should post some of our pictures and I think I will do that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These photos make me miss Chicago. One of my fondest memories are of walking the streets.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!