January 8, 2011

I live here?

I have been walking more than usual.  My magical, student U-Pass (my unlimited access to public transportation) expired at the semester's end, and I have been sentenced to pay cash for bus and subway fare.  So, I just walk.  A lot.  And tromping back and forth from my apartment to Panera and back again, I have been struck with a sense of wonder at this city.


This just a snapshot from my street.  I pass that soaring, black skyscraper on my way to Panera everyday.  It is the John Hancock Center, located downtown on Michigan Avenue, a street continually bustling with tourists and wealthy, fashionable Chicagoans.


The city was graced with a light snowfall yesterday.  The gentle layer gives the buildings and sidewalks a fresh, wintry look.  (I wear those moccasins everywhere, even in the snow.)


This was taken from the top floor of my apartment building.  What an incredible city!

15 comments:

  1. Cool Pics Faith.... love this sharing your Journey with us.....
    You and Josh are a encouragement to me!!! Love you Ms. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your eye for pictures!
    Yes, you probably will spy several references to Moody on our blog! We attend Moody in Spokane (I tried twice to get into Chicago, got 1 rejection and 1 acceptance into the 1+3 program and ended up staying out here instead of transferring because I met my husband)... sorry for such a long post, but how long have you been in Chi town?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i love the photos! your city is beautiful. i have never been to chicago, but i plan on going there one day. hopefully soon.

    by the way, i love your moccasins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Chicago.. I've only been there once but it was amazing!
    You're quite a lucky girl to live there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh just lovely! Not only am I jealous of your city, but the snow as well! Evidently we might be getting a little bit in Wilmington tomorrow *fingers crossed*

    Those cookies on my blog certainly were chocolate crinkles... so sooo good! I can pass along the recipe if you want it... I used the Betty Crocker original!

    And I love J.J. Heller! I actually got a chance to see her and MEET her in October. Needless to say, I was embarrassingly starstruck... incredibly talented with a heart for the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so gorgeous!
    are you at moody?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I am! I graduate in December!

    ReplyDelete
  8. found your blog via everydaymusings...i love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. hi, i like you.
    my dad is getting his masters at moody.
    i alllmost went there. different bible college instead, though. what are you studying? we live about 2 hours outside of chicago, so we frequent there a lot. :)
    nice to meet you and i will be follwing you. all the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. never mind. just saw your profile that you are studying communications :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cityscape photos are nice. Your tones are beautiful. Do you edit the tones post (i.e. desaturate) or is it simply the camera?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just come across your blog. Your pics of Chicago have made me smile ... we used to live on West Chestnut (the building to the left of your 'incredible city' photo.
    Thanks for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photos are beautiful. This city is gorgeous! ah, must visit one day. Lovely blog too x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!