March 9, 2011

Wait, slow down!

I have fallen behind.  My blog has been left untouched, my camera forgotten in my messenger bag, my creativity shoved behind the ominous stack of schoolwork.


The past few weeks have been... busy.  Busy is a generic, uninteresting word, but it is only fitting!  Josh and I shopped for wedding bands and began pre-marital counseling.  We ate at Corner Bakery for the first time.  I spent hours and hours at Panera Bread, takin' yo orders and makin' yo sandwiches.  I found Wonka Bars on sale for 75¢ at Walgreens! I obsessed over my wedding registry, preparing it for my three bridal showers coming up in April.  Yes, three.


In the span of one drama class, I exploded in rage, and then wept (that's the Meisner technique, for you).  I crafted countless "to-do" lists for my schoolwork and for the wedding, which is now 100 days away!  I had an inexpressibly encouraging coffee date with a dear, dear friend.  I grappled intensely with my identity, carrying to the Lord my deep-rooted questions and fears.  I called in sick today and visited the nurse, who told me that I may have walking pneumonia.  Great. 

My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you.  Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart.  So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man.  Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.  Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.  It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.  (Continue reading here.)

How are you doing, readers?  Are you weary, overwhelmed, perhaps discouraged or unmotivated?  Let us take heart.  Let us swallow Scripture as greedy children, seek community as desperate strangers, and pray as much-loved heirs.

9 comments:

  1. looks like you are busy in a very wonderful way))) good luck with your wedding preparings!)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You sure do have a lot on your plate. I was just there last year this time. New full-time job, lots of wedding craziness, sick lots, family stuff...NUTS!

    I am so excited for you though! It's so close. Yay! You're going to be one beautiful bride!

    PS: I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww.. the busyness of life is so amazing. Christ fills our lives with so much as believers it is amazing that anyone could put Christian and BORING in the same category because it seems to be QUITE the opposite. Praying for your sickness!
    Praying for your wedding!
    And thanks for updating your lovely blog sis!

    ♥cheche

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to you in a lot of ways-- hang in there!

    I love your pictures of Chicago...my husband and I will be there in two weeks for a marriage retreat called "A weekend to remember" with family life. I can't wait. Saturday we get a date night and we are going to go out somewhere....not sure where though.

    Any suggestions?!

    p.s. I am putting you on my blogroll, I have been meaning to for a long time now and just keep forgetting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shadow of the tree. Sometimes we get so busy, and we push our creativity to the back of the pile. That's when I pull out old pictures I took when I wasn't so busy and use those for inspiration haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! You do have a lot on your hands! I have about 4 months until my wedding and feel the same way!

    I keep saying the month before the wedding I'll have to put myself inside a bubble so I stop getting sick!

    3 showers! That's so exciting!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for being so genuine in this post. I love your photos. Hope things have been looking up.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came across your blog today and am having so much fun reading all about you! It is great to have a strong Christian woman to connect with : ) I really enjoy your pictures and am curious what kind of camera you use? I want to get a camera but have no idea where to begin. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!