April 17, 2011

A Welcome Visit

Fellow college students, you understand the horrors of April!  The assignments pile high, the part-time job seems terribly inconvenient, and relationships often feel strained.  Only four weeks lie between me and the end of the semester!  The to-do list seems unending.

Last weekend, I enjoyed a welcome break from the overwhelming workload.  My mom visited downtown Chicago!  In addition to attending my two bridal showers in the span of two days, she treated me to an entire day of shopping and dining.  It was fabulous!





I enjoyed our time together!  My mother is a strong woman, and I appreciate her wisdom and encouragement.

11 comments:

  1. i love the large slices of fruit that they gave you for your side. Certain places can be so skimpy with the fruit :(. AND a day of shopping and dining sounds like a fantasy. haha. What a blessing to just relax and eat and be with someone you love in the midst of school and work. Thanks for sharing FAITH!

    ♥cheche

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! This month is crazy busy! It is nice you got to slow down a little and spend time with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother daughter time is really special! It sounds like you had a really wonderful time. And I agree about the craziness of April. Once the weather gets warm, people start wanting to do more, and all the activities can get overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. moms are just the best. glad you enjoyed your time with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay April is the worst for us college students! I am overly stressed right now...blah. I'm looking forward to May when everything is peaceful again when Finals are no more. Thank goodness!! :) I love hanging out with my mom coffee dates are the best to me! But shopping def comes in second. What a fun time. :) Those cupcakes look pretty fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. April is always a busy month! And summer only gets busier for us! I know you'll be so glad for a break from school!

    So glad you were able to spend some time with your mom! Those times are much needed every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the Faith Blogs community! I'm a member, too, AND...I live near Chicago! Ta-da!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these pictures!

    I just found your blog today and I would love for you to check out mine and follow back! :)

    bmaryandblessed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum yum yum i love me some breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. all of that food looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks delish! so glad you had a treat with your mom in the middle of your busy schedule. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!