September 2, 2011

Friday Morning

The sun pouring into our little apartment.
The kiss on my sleepy head.
The French-pressed coffee.
The textbooks and unsorted mail cluttering the dining room table.
The dirty dishes in the sink from last night's pasta dinner.
The feeling that I am behind on schoolwork, but not behind on life.


The Lord is ruining my perfectionism, day by day.  I can't do it all, and I can't be perceived well by everyone.  Surrendering my neurosis is not easy, but it brings the adrenaline of new life.  There is grace, and there is a God who loves me with frightening extravagance.

Have a wonderful day, ladies.  I think I'd better wash the dishes now.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! I have found that my hubby has really helped me overcome my perfectionism. Knowing that he knows the real, imperfect me and loves me anyway is very freeing. :) It's still hard to give up though! I lapse back into it frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. :) I hope that you enjoy your friday! Don't spend too much time in the mundane but do something unexpected. Happy three day weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, what an excellent reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you wear the cap of Daughter, beloved and bride of Christ. As well as many others. Keeping your focus on Him will give you the strength to tackle only what He sees fit :). Loved this post. I can't imagine being a wife and having the role of worker and college student on top of that. Only the GRACE of God can allow us to have HIS peace in the midst of falling so short in every area...

    ♥cheche

    savedthrulove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. faith, this is so true! and I feel ya. learning to be less than completely "straightened" and neat is good but rough. and learning to be okay with being perceived as less than you would like is rough too.

    but such good lessons!
    you worded it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I found you on my readers list. We have a lot in common :)

    Sounds like an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We can't do it all but to be happy with what we can do is important!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!