September 29, 2011

A song that stopped my heart

Feeling like a refugee, like it don't belong to me
The colors flash across the sky
This air feels strange to me, feeling like a tragedy
I take a deep breath and close my eyes one last time

Storms on the wasteland, dark clouds on the plains again
We were born into the fight
But I'm not sentimental, this skin and bones is a rental
And no one makes it out alive

Until I die, I sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong
Where the weak are finally strong, where the righteous right the wrongs
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

Feels like we just failed while our hearts are just breaking
Feels like we've been fighting against the tide
I wanna see the earth start shaking, I wanna see a generation
Finally waking up inside 

Chorus

This body is not my own, this world is not my home
But I still hear the sound of my heart beating out

On that final day I die, I wanna hold my head up high
I wanna tell you that I tried to live it like a son
When I reach the other side, I wanna look you in the eye
And know that I'm alive in a world where I belong

I still believe we can live forever
I still believe in us together
You and I, we're here together now
Forever now

7 comments:

  1. Wow. This is really good! I have been listening to Needtobreathe's new cd so much that I've forgotten Switchfoot has a new one too! LOVE the lyrics to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song! I stumbled upon your blog from Megan of and today was a fairytale and love it! Excited to follow along!


    lilyamongthorns22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been listening to this CD, too! I can never get enough Switchfoot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lovee switchfoot. this song is really powerful. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i do looove switchfoot and their new cd! I'm making a long drive today and it will be on repeat. Hopefully I will have a favorite song by then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ISN'T this song the GREATEST?! I mean seriously, I GOT MY VICE VERSES how brilliant. I have a million vices and a million verses for them.

    This whole album in INcredible!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!