October 3, 2011

One year ago.

It has been one year since a dear friend was stolen away from this world.  His life was taken by another, and his family and friends were left grappling with the sick devastation of murder.  I will never forget the suffocating darkness of that time, when I wrote Oh, My God in an attempt to make sense of things.


My friend was young and joyful, full of love and dedication to Jesus Christ.  While we have been grieving for twelve months, he has experienced his best year yet, a year in the presence of Yahweh!  Though shaken by loss, we can rejoice.  In the presence of God my brother is liberated from this world and united with his Savior.  Hallelujah!  Eternal life, imputed righteousness, saving faith!

"One with Himself I cannot die.
"My soul is purchased by His blood,
"My life is hid with Christ on high,
"With Christ my Savior and my God!"


Please pray for his family, and for the one who took his life.

3 comments:

  1. prayers for you and your family..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've had to grieve this. What a horrible ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a horrible experience for you and his family to go through! I sincerely hope all happiness to His family, and that they never doubt that he is happily living a life in Christ.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!