September 14, 2012

If I had to choose one


"Truth is always from God no matter where you find it," writes Dr. Rosalie de Rosset. This hymn, originally titled "Song for the Fountain Opened," is my favorite poem. It breaks me every time.

There is a fountain filled with blood
Drawn from Emmanuel's veins
And sinners plunged beneath that flood
Lose all their guilty stains

The dying thief rejoiced to see
That fountain in his day
And there may I, though vile as he
Wash all my sins away

Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious blood
Shall never lose its power
'Til all the ransomed church of God
Be saved to sin no more

When this poor, lisping, stammering tongue
Lies silent in the grave
Then in a nobler, sweeter song
I'll sing Thy power to save

And since by faith I saw the stream
Thy dying wounds supply
Redeeming love has been my theme
And shall be 'til I die

William Cowper (1731-1800)

15 comments:

  1. Your blog is gorgeous.... jaw dropping photography. I am so happy to have discovered it. Have a lovely weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Elease! Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. You're blog is beautiful! Can't wait to read more! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the last verse is my favorite...I had never heard this before! beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is full of power, hope, and inspiration for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful and so powerful. Love the simplicity of the photo that you chose as well!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I'd forgotten about this gem! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Jillian! I'm glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faith this is beautiful! Great thing to read this morning! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so beautiful! I am a new follower to your blog and am so inspired by your faith.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!