March 3, 2012

Blogging to remember.

Have you ever wandered back to your older blog entries?  I read the text and gaze at the photographs, and I remember.  This virtual journal is protecting my otherwise undistinguished memories from slipping away.  That quiet weekend, that sweet storefront, that afternoon coffee with a friend.  Without words, I am prone to forget.  Without photography, those unsung moments begin to lose their color.


A forgotten snow day.

An amazing cup of coffee.

 
Memories of home (and my first ever blog post... yikes!).


Blossoming love for this city.

What do you blog to remember?

8 comments:

  1. I love this post! Blogging is such a great way to remember those wonderful little moments. Enjoy your weekend Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I've never really thought about what I blog to remember. I'm usually blogging to share and encourage others. But perhaps I should focus on bloggin more to remember the special days and moments. I kinda suck at that part. ha ha

    ♥CheChe

    good post, definitely sparked some creativity in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very true! I LOVE looking back at old posts... it's memory lane :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! When I was still in college, I would look though my posts tagged "family" whenever I was feeling homesick. (and "food" when I was feeling hungry! haha) I am so thankful now to have these memories stored up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! I love looking back every now and then and see how things have changed :) blogging is such a neat way to save little memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely agree. I have terrible memory and my mind can easily lose some pretty amazing moments. I think I blog to put words to the things I feel. I blog to remember how easy and simple life is living by the sea with my best friend ('cause I know we wont be here forever :/). I also blog to meet other people that might be feeling or living the same things I am, or that I can relate to :) I blog to read other people's beautiful memories as well!

    (Great pictures, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The coffee picture made my mouth water! I think I need a cup of coffee right this minute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, I completely agree with this. such a wonderful thing, to remember. I too am prone to forgetting. lovely photos - the coffee looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!